Mark VI Console Refit
(The Doctor's TARDIS : Seasons 15-18)
The Mark VI TARDIS Refit (first[/unoff] found on the Type 70) was considered to be perfectly modern at the time of the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey. Its control layout followed the Mark V very closely. A Jibbert Cathocode Troisieme Timepiece was added to the console, and the Telepathic Circuits were enhanced. This allowed internal voice-activated lifts and doors. The Mark VI had a Chameleon Circuit that was much faster and easier to use.
Panel 1: Fabrication & Information Systems
Panel 2: Communications & Exterior Monitor
Panel 3: Mechanical & Master Control
Panel 4: Helm & Dematerialization Systems
Panel 5: Navigation
Panel 6: Diagnostic & Internal Ship Systems
(Pictures from www.themindrobber.co.uk)
- Has enhanced Telepathic Circuits
- First to have voice-activated lifts and doors
- First to be equipped with a Jibbert Cathocode Troisieme Timepiece
Console Layout Notes
- Panels numbered counter clockwise
- Fabrication Panel equipped with a Fabrication Dispenser with a Sump Flush
- Fabrication Panel equipped with a computer readout screen
- Auxiliary readouts for communications, sensors, and repair diagnostics now found on Fabrication Panel
- Read-Out Displays for Stabilizing Planes moved to Navigation Panel
- Telepathic Circuits moved to Helm Panel
- Auxiliary Power Control moved to Helm Panel
- Main Power Bus Levers moved to Helm Panel
- Diagnostic Panel contains and Organic Diagnostic, Bunsen Burner, Microphone, and Water Dispenser
- Door Switch moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Scanner Control moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Chameleon Circuit Controls moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Scanner Switch moved to Mechanical Panel
- Read-Out Displays for Radiation moved to Communications Panel
- Communications Panel has an Analogue Crosstime Telephone
- The Time Vector Generator can be found on the underside of the console
- Had more limited options for the Primary Control Room, in comparison to Console Room Number 2
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.