The Time Lord engineers finally became a more innovative in designing TARDISes, after millions of years of stagnation. As if to make up for lost time, the last few thousand years of Gallifrey's existence would see a much wider variety of TT Capsules being produced. New models were being released approximately every 2 centuries. This acceleration appears to have greatly accelerated the rate at which Timeships were scrapped and replaced with a newer model, meaning that instead of lasting several millennia, the effective life-span of each capsule was less than a thousand years.
After following up on a suggestion by a Time Lord who might
have been the Doctor, the Voice Integrator was invented by a Lord Therde. It can be found as part of the PAST on the Type 32 and all later TT Capsules.
- First to have a Voice Integrator
- The Type 32 was the first TARDIS to have XX or XY circuits installed to define their gender as male or female.
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.