Released around the time of the Deliavatsud Intervention to prevent the creation of the Daleks, the Type 70 would become one of the more popular TT Capsules of the pre-Time War era. Indeed it was the release of the Type 70 that resulted in Type 50's and earlier capsules being de-registered and made non-operational. The Type 70 Mark VI (often known as the Type 7-0-6 Capsule) would be considered to be modern and even new for over four centuries. This would cause some problems for older Time Lords who were used to the control console layout of vintage capsules.
In addition to all the new capabilities of the Mark VI refit, the Type 70 had enhanced Telepathic Circuits. This allowed for a pure telepathic mind-lock to replace the key based locking systems used in earlier models. The circuits also made possible a more reliable version of the Navigator voice control program that could even be used for operating the internal lift and other minor functions throughout the interior.
A military modification of the Type 70 was issued for the Celestial Intervention Agency. This Military TARDIS was equipped with weapons systems that included Time Torpedoes.
- Released around the time of the Deliavatsud Intervention.
- Has enhanced Telepathic Circuits
- First to have an improved Pause Control that can freeze a TARDIS in mid-rematerialization for up to 2 microspans
- Type 70 features an internal voice-activated lift made of metal.
- The sick bay was located on level Gamma Seven
- Unlike a Type 40, a Type 70 can penetrate distortion grids.
- One of the first to carry a pure telepathic mind-lock for the main doors
- Improved voice control [link=navigator]Navigator system
- A military modification of the Type 70 was issued for the CIA that was equipped with weapon systems.
- The Master has stolen one Type 70.
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.