Type 91 Ship of War
Unlike the Type 90, the Type 91 was equipped with precision temporal weaponry that had been developed and collected by the Slaughter House in the decades leading up to the Time War.
The Type 91 shared most of the systems and technology of the Type 90, including a black hole based transpower system, Chaotic Limiters, and the ability to blockade large areas of space-time. Unlike the Type 90, each Type 91 is owned and operated by a bipedal Time Lord or Time Warrior who is not welded into the artron mainframe. Their Artron Mainframe has also been enhanced with minimum intensity biodata to allow the timeship a basic awareness of three-dimensional lifeforms. The ship is constantly evolving its event boundaries to increase efficiency. Most operators configure the desktop theme to reflect the operator Time Lord's biorhythms or cellular structure.
All the exo-shells of the Type 91s are deliberately large and eye-catching. Their default shape takes the form of a massive spire of gold, covered in spikes. At the summit is a corkscrew shape that models the Time Lord owner's triple helix DNA. While in orbit over a world this gives them the appearance of golden spaceships, but when materialized on the surface of a planet they look like towering cathedrals anchored into the ground. When the chameleon circuit is engaged, the timeship will inevitably chose some sort of monstrously intimidating bio-mechanical form. War TARDISes can even extend tentacles and attack nearby enemies with a great deal of efficiency and destructive power.
War TARDISes carry a Tuckson-Jacker Energy Weapon that is based on the technology used in certain weather control systems. When set to broad spectrum, the Tuckson-Jacker Energy can tractor a TARDIS out of the Vortex and into real space. When set to pulse-mode, the Tuckson-Jacker Energy bursts are capable of penetrating even a TARDIS's Force Field. A successful hit renders both the TARDIS and the Time Lord operator incapacitated. Any Lesser humanoid species that was aboard would be killed.
An Artron Cannon is also standard on a War TARDIS. At short range, the cannon is capable of killing an Eternal. A more general configuration of this weapon includes the ability to release an omni-directional psychic blast of Artron Energy by opening a direct wormhole to the Prime Eye of Harmony on Gallifrey. The resulting burst of Artron Energy will kill any Timeships that are within the blast radius. The blast will also destroy any Chronovores in the area.
A powerful Vortex Lance rounds out the offences of a Type 91 War TARDIS.
They are equipped with a variety of temporal warheads which are kept in chronic stasis to prevent them from accidentally detonating. Once removed from stasis they can be launched from Time Warp Silos. The time warps created by the silos allow the warheads to be delivered to almost anywhere in space in time. The available warheads include the following:
- Earthshock Bombs: Each bomb consist of fissionfusion devices that create a tiny hole in the Space-Time Continuum. This creates massive amounts of radiation and intertemporal shock waves. These weapons[/ref] [ext]were occasionally mounted on Type 40 TARDISes around the time of the Doctor's birth and were capable of reducing large asteroids to rubble.
- Time Torpedoes: They take a little over 30 seconds for them to reach their target. When they detonate, their target is frozen in a microsecond of space-time for several centuries. These weapons are capable of breaching even a TARDIS's defences
- Klypstromic Warheads: When detonated, the warhead irradiates the local area of the Space-Time Vortex blocking any TARDIS's entry into the Vortex for a span of 5 million years. This makes space-time travel difficult, if not impossible.
- Doomsday Probes: Release a 5 second Entropy wave that will destroy all life in an entire sector of space.
The Proto-Type 91 was created about the same time the 101 Form was born, less then two decades before the Time War. Unlike the Type 90, the Type 91 War TARDIS was considered to be a success, and five decades after the start of the War it is now only the only pre-100 TARDIS still in production. Indeed it was virtually the only Type of TARDIS not to have been recalled and scrapped. For most of the Time War, the Eye of Harmony's Womb (sometimes referred to as a Hyper Loom is the most well defended location in the Universe.
- Designed by Elite Military Technician Nivet
- Default appearance is a massive golden spire with spikes
- Automatic Architectural Configuration Program
- Enhanced self-repair mode
- Equipped with a Chaotic Limiter
- Equipped with Tribophysical Waveform Macrokinetic Extrapolator based Force-Fields.
- Equipped with a Tuckson-Jacker Energy Weapon
- Equipped with an Artron Cannon
- Equipped with a Vortex Lance
- Time Warp Silos can launch Earthshock Bombs, Time Torpedoes, Klypstromic Warheads and Doomsday Probes.
- Organized into Fleets of at least 1,000 ships and subdivided into Centuries of 100.
- Only pre-100 Timeship to still be in production after the first 50 years of the Time War.
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.