A TARDIS has a total of fifteen Power Rooms that contain all of the machinery that powers and operates the ship. They are located deep in a TARDIS's interior and serve as the "nerve centre" of the capsule. The following power rooms are known:
- The Cloister Room
- Power Stacks Room
- Dynamorphic Power Station
- Ancillary Power Station
- Protyon Unit
- Life Support Systems
- Internal Scanner Room
- Fault Locator Room
- Primary Control Room
- Secondary Control Room
- Tertiary Control Room
There are also several Control Relay Rooms which look like smaller versions of the Secondary Control Room.
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.