Mark VII Console Refit
(The Doctor's TARDIS : Seasons 18-19)
The Mark VII TARDIS Refit featured only the most cosmetic of changes to the controls at each station. This refit featured improved TARDIS Relational Information Systems with significantly expanded Data Banks. It also equipped the Capsule with the Defence Indefinite Timeloop Option (DITO). This refit had a more advanced Pause Control that allowed the Emergency Dematerialization Switch to input an alternate destination after starting on a pre-programmed journey.
Panel 1: Fabrication & Information Systems
Panel 2: Helm & Dematerialization Systems
Panel 3: Mechanical & Master Control
Panel 4: Navigation
Panel 5: Diagnostic & Internal Ship Systems
Panel 6: Communications & Exterior Monitor
- First with DITO option
- First with an enhanced Emergency Dematerialization Switch that allows course changes while in the Vortex
- Significantly expanded Databanks
Console Layout Notes
- Panels numbered counter clockwise
- Fabrication Panel equipped with a Fabrication Dispenser with a Sump Flush
- Fabrication Panel equipped with a computer readout screen
- Auxiliary readouts for communications, sensors, and repair diagnostics now found on Fabrication Panel
- Read-Out Displays for Stabilizing Planes moved to Navigation Panel
- Telepathic Circuits moved to Helm Panel
- Auxiliary Power Control moved to Helm Panel
- Main Power Bus Levers moved to Helm Panel
- Diagnostic Panel contains and Organic Diagnostic, Bunsen Burner, Microphone, and Water Dispenser
- Door Switch moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Scanner Control moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Emergency Dematerialization Switch moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Chameleon Circuit Controls moved to Diagnostic Panel
- Scanner Switch moved to Mechanical Panel
- Read-Out Displays for Radiation moved to Communications Panel
- Communications Panel has an Analogue Crosstime Telephone
- The Time Vector Generator can be found on the underside of the console
- Had more limited options for the Primary Control Room, in comparison to Console Room Number 2
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.