- Considered to be state of the art at the time of the Doctor stole his Type 40 (Date Index 309792).
- First to have a default exo-shell that looked like a white cylinder 2 meters tall and 1.2 meters in diameter. When in this form the outer surface of the shell will appear, on close examination, to be rippling and changing like something unreal or dreamlike.
- First to have the locking mechanism take the form of an exterior sensor plate that key just has to touch to unlock.
- Revisions to the exo-shell and real world interface resulted in the Main Door being significantly smaller then models released before or after this Type
The following color code is used:
- Black: For information from the TV Series, including Dimensions in Time, and 1996 TV Movie.
- Blue: For information from the Novels and Audios including Target, Virgin, BCC, and Big Finish.
- Green: For information from 'licensed' reference sources such as the Technical Manual, Doctor Who Magazine, and the Role Playing Games.
- Red: For information from unofficial sources -The Faction Paradox series, behind the scenes interviews, author's speculation, and popular fan belief.
The TARDIS Technical Index is copyright Will B Swift.